Missionary dating sites Free adult chat cam jakarta
The east end has a facade broken by three lancet windows heavily rusticated and underlined by a plaster pediment. Towards 1844 about 300 families living between the Stormsbergspruit and the Kraai River were granted permission by the Dutch Reformed presbytery of Graaff-Reinet to establish a parish of their own.
Oldest Presbyterian Church building used continuously for worship in the Eastern Cape. Architecturally, it is a high-roofed late-Victorian church building with neo—Gothic features.
The older church, which dates from 1828, was erected in the simple vernacular style. This Cape Dutch house with its simple concavo-convex front gable dates from the eighteen thirties. This building is closely linked to the history of King William's Town. AT THE GABLE END FACING THE STREET A VARIETY OF SMALLER GABLE ENDED PARTS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE CHURCH. Asymmetrical, double storey, L-shaped plan under ridged, pitched and hipped roof.Sani Pass, whose highest point is in Lesotho, is negotiable only by specialise off road vehicles. It was John Pringle who built this stone church in 1840. In 1905 this institution was moved to Potchefstroom where it eventually gave rise to the Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education. About a kilometre further east from the end of the road, beyond the sand dunes, lies K Bartholomew Diaz, the famous Portuguese navigator and discoverer of the Cape, erected a cross or padrao on 12 March 1488 at Kwaaihoek. The property is located 488 km from Port Elizabeth and located on the fringe of the CBD of Aliwal North, abutting the main road en route to Jameston-Queenstown, East London. Besides the fine detailing of the exterior, this church, completed in 1907, has an interior which is still an accurate example of its period. Built in a U shape, the school has a roof of corrugated iron which extends over the building at the rear elevation to form a veranda which is supported by seven square stone pillars.This parsonage was erected in about 1860 for the Rev. A replica of the cross has been erected on the same bleak, exposed spot, high above the waves. The property is over the road from the Aliwal High School. The town of Aliwal North owes its existence mainly to two of the oldest and most convenient drifts through the Orange River that formerly provided access between the Cape Colony and the Transgariep. Believed to have been designed by Sir Herbert Baker this sandstone building was erected during the last decade of the 19th century. This early Victorian dwelling-house with its two impressive triangular front gables dates from the 1830s and was erected by Captain Thomas Cowedroy. It was originally the town house of the De Bruins of Witkop. This Victorian house dates from the middle of the nineteenth century. Dirk Postma, founder of the Reformed Church in South Africa. On the tablet are the words ‘De overwinning der Hollandse Taal’. This church with its neo-Gothic features dates from the 1860s. This cottage in the typical Karoo style was erected shortly after the founding of Burgersdorp in 1847. It was originally the town house of the Coetzees of the farm Swartfontein. The monument consists of a figure of a woman pointing with a finger at a tablet held in her left arm.